Thursday, October 16, 2008

Welcome Son!






Well I am officially starting a blog for our newest addition to the Zachritz family. Bradford James Zachritz II "Ford" was born on 10-10-08 at 4:08am. He will be a week old tomorrow and I already feel like time is flying by. Just a quick recap of his birth:
I started feeling contractions consistently and around 1:30am I woke Brad telling him that I thought it could be time. We left the house around 2:30am and arrived at the hospital. The contractions were strong but felt nothing like how they did with Annabell's labor. They said I was 6 cm upon arriving and asked me to walk down to the room for delivery. Which I could do, I just had to stop to breath through the contractions which were about every 2-3 minutes at that point. Then they got me all hooked up to the monitors and an IV hook up (but no iv was used until after birth). Dr. Eligati came in and checked me since she was on call, and I was 8cm so she went ahead and broke my water, and about 30 minutes later with 4 contractions of pushing, Ford was born. The first 3 nights he was completely upside down on day and night, and then when we went to get his Jaundice checked out on 10-13 (which he is almost past I believe) the Dr. told me to stimulate him more during the day and then don't stimulate him at all during feedings at night, and it worked like a charm. He has done wonderfully since. He only woke up once last night to feed, but feeds every 1 1/2 - 2 hours during the day. I think he's making up for the missed feedings at night. He is SO strong, during his belly time he already moves his head from side to side and can even pick his chest up! He can almost role himself over from back to belly when he has the urge to root for food. He's amazingly strong. I have to put him near the foot of his bassinet when we go to bed because by the time we wake up for his feeding he is near the top. Oh and we have been shot by his pee during diaper changes two times today alone. He is changed into new clothes so often!
Well my TN family left today, I was sad to see them go! They were so helpful! I didn't have to lift a finger to clean my house, make dinner, or anything else. I was able to just focus on healing and my two kids while they were here, which was awesome. Today was my first day with the two kids. Once I'm healed completely I feel it will be much easier. I have a hard time picking up Annabell now, and I feel the need to hold Ford more since he sleeps so much during the night. He had his second belly time today (His one week birthday today). I put two toys on each side of him for something to focus on. He looked back and forth three to four times. Oh and he eats wonderfully, but man he milks it. He takes his time and will eat for 20-30 minutes at a time. His sister would be done in 5-10 max. So it takes longer to do things so I will have to be very scheduled to time out his feedings with Annabell's naps and meals etc. Today they collided so I found my self feeding ford while trying to get her out of her crib and hold her simultaneously, pretty funny to watch. Well we love y'all and thank you all for your prayers! God was so gracious with his birth and health! He heard all my (our) prayers! Love y'all!

No comments: